A number of GIS maps produced by the WRC are available on-line. Most are in PDF format. You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free for download at Adobe's web site, www.adobe.com) to view and/or print the maps.
Some WRC Maps available on-line:
- Town road name maps - all 11x17 maps are available on WRC's Road Name Maps page.
- Village base maps/E911 maps - detailed maps of many of the region's villages, showing building footprints, streets, sidewalks, etc. can be accessed from Emergency Planning and Response Maps page.
- Index to Flood Insurance Rate Maps - an index map for all towns Windham County, and Weston in Windsor County, showing extent of Map Panels for Flood Insurance Rate Maps, or FIRMs (i.e. "floodplain" or "Special Flood Hazard Area" maps) is available here. The FIRMs themselves can be accessed at FEMA's Map Service Center. By using this index map to determine what Map Panel you need may make using FEMA's site a little easier.
- Southeastern Vermont Bicycle Suitability Maps - are available here
- Conservation Lands in the Windham Region - a 1.2 Mb PDF file of the map and a 2.2 Mb PDF of the 2-page
info sheet can be viewed and downloaded from the WRC web site
- Whetstone Brook Watershed - available here (1.9 meg. PDF)
- Brattleboro maps - the Brattleboro Maps On-line site is an on-line mapping application for viewing many GIS data layers of the town, including parcel boundaries and ownership; a map created for the Brattleboro Area Chamber of Commerce, showing roads and many landmarks, based on a beautiful hand-drawn map done several decades ago, is available here (1.05 meg. PDF)
- Town of Dover zoning maps - are available on the Town of Dover's web site. Click on "Ordinances" in the navigation bar on the left side of the home page.
- Town of Dummerston - nearly all maps are available from the WRC's Dummerston maps page
- Town of Halifax Property Map - the property map (a.k.a. "parcel map" or "tax map"), is available from a page on the WRC web site (click here)
- Town of Londonderry - the Town's Property Location Maps (a.k.a. "parcel maps" or "tax maps"), and an E911 Building Address Map (building numbers for all major structures in town) are available from a page on the WRC web site (click here)
- Town of Marlboro - nearly all maps are available on the maps page of the Town's web site
- Town of Putney - all 8.5x11 or 11x17 maps of town conservation lands, and all maps from the Village Inventory and Rural Districts Analysis (buildout) are available through WRC's Putney GIS Maps On-line page
- Rockingham/Bellows Falls Zoning - are available on the joint town/village web site. Click here for the web site. Once there, click on "Important Municipal Documents" in the navigation bar on the right side of the home page, then "Town of Rockingham," then "Rockingham Planning Commission."
- Town of Westminster - nearly all town plan maps in 8.5x11 format are available on the Town of Westminster's web site. Click on "Maps" in the navigation bar on the left side of the home page, then click on "Town Maps."
- Town of Wilmington - an 8.5x11 Proposed Land Use map is available on the Town of Wilmington's web site. Click on "Boards/Commissions" in the navigation bar on the left side of the home page, then click on "Planning Commission" in the expanded section of the navigation bar, and scroll to the bottom.
last updated 3/1/10